Tuesday, February 5th, 201310 Relationship Rules for Pursuers
1. Never pursue a distancer.
2. If he distances one inch, you distance two inches.
3. Distance does not resolve conflicts
4. Allowing space gives each party a chance to cool down.
5. It reduces intensity and biological activation or upset.
6. Calmer less reactive responses can then emerge.
8. The likelihood of a fight/flight or freeze response is reduced.
9. It is like an adult time out.
10. People are then free to respond rather than reacting to one another.
<< Back to the Blog